We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With large production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country’s chemical industry, and operates the Innovation Campus Shanghai, a global and regional research and development hub. BASF posted sales of over €7.3 billion in 2019 to customers in Greater China and employed 9,230 people as of the end of that year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en
· Execution of laboratory work for Personal Care Solutions’ Product development
· Development of fast screening testing methods and evaluate product candidates’ performance
· Under supervision of product development project leader to implement personal care product development projects;
· Analyze and document results, prepare technical reports, contribute to milestone presentations and publication;
· Adapt and optimize model application formulations and fast screening methods as well as SOPs according to the application needs and project requirement
· Contribute to technical solution finding within the scope of existing technologies and procedures;
· Prepare, run and maintain lab equipment such as reactors, analyzing equipment, etc.;
· Perform general lab assignments (e.g. raw material inventory management, lab house-keeping);
· Comply with regulations concerning safety, health and environment;
· Contribute to innovation competence build-up for personal care development by inputting new ideas, regular internal reports, joining in publication and patents;
· Instruct, supervise and coach less experienced lab team members (such as interns) on assigned tasks Requirements:
· Education: BSc in chemistry, physical chemistry, cosmetic science or related area
· Working experience: 3+ years of working experience in a laboratory environment.
· English: Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking