Description de l'offre
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America’s Best Employers. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Associate Breeder (2100003) – Nevada, Iowa
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a professional like you to contribute in the development of superior soybean varieties by assisting in the execution of all technical and agronomic aspects of the breeding program. You will also support research and development activities by assisting in seed processing and field management for all research and development trials conducted by the breeding program.
Formula for Success: You Will…
· Assist in execution of agronomic aspects of the breeding program, at both on- and off-site locations, including farm operations, equipment management, planting, field maintenance, data collection and harvest. Assist in execution of agronomic aspects of the breeding program, at both on- and off-site locations, including farm operations, equipment management, planting, field maintenance, data collection and harvest.
· In close collaboration with the Breeder, you will manage onsite nursery operations of the breeding program including, but not limited to crossing blocks, generation advancement, and progeny rows. The management of these activities will encompass all indoor and outdoor activities and will require a continual focus on improvement of methods and efficiency.
· Assist with daily activities conducted by the breeding staff
· In close collaboration with the Breeder, ensure that all relevant data is collected, and relevant assays for quality control are conducted in a timely manner.
· Train and supervise temporary workers as needed
· Ensure compliance with all safety, stewardship, and regulatory policies
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
MS in Plant Breeding or related with minimum of 3 years of experience or BS Plant Breeding or related with minimum of 5 years of experience Experience with agricultural equipment and field plot technique Working experience in agricultural research is required with experience in a field-based breeding program being highly beneficial Experience with soybeans is beneficial
· Knowledge of agriculture research, production systems, and agronomics in the Midwest is highly desired. Excellent organization, human relation skills, and attention to detail are required Proficient with computers and MS software, database software is required Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
For further information on BASF Agricultural Solutions, please select: https://vimeo.com/463820820/53a6edd18b