An excellent career opportunity exists in our Ottawa Commercial Lines Underwriting branch for an Underwriting Assistant. In this position, you will play a meaningful role in supporting a team that is driven every single day to think bigger, do better for our customers and achieve desired results. The role includes an excellent opportunity for you to learn and grow as you work toward an underwriting career path.
Providing administrative and support for the underwriting team through:
- Triaging of incoming requests
- Data entry to the RTM system for commercial auto and property
- Ordering Loss Control and MVR reports
- Assisting with mail room responsibilities
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills:
- 2 plus years of related experience in an administrative and support function
- Insurance background would be ideal. This would include practical experience or completion of a related educational diploma, degree, or professional accreditation
- The ability to work as part of a team assisting others with time sensitive deadlines
- Excellent technical aptitude with web based and in-house systems as well as a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong attention to detail. Accuracy is a critical component for success in the role.
- Excellent communication skills with the capability and confidence to communicate with our internal team and with our broker partners
- Superior organization, time-management, and the ability to adapt in a dynamic priority changing environment
- Vested interest in learning and building your career through formal and self-lead training opportunities
- Always striving to live Aviva's value's throughout all interactions - Care More, Kill Complexity, Never Rest, and Create Legacy.
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.