Currently, there is a new and exciting opportunity in our Langley location, for an Underwriting Assistant/Administrator, working with our Home Warranty and Surety business. You will be responsible for effectively managing day-to-day administrative duties related to underwriting, client service, and billing for the home warranty department.
· Execute on the membership, licensing and renewal processes, builder enrolment and de-enrolment process, builder security process and COP process including policy document issuance.
· Monitoring outstanding/overdue COP’s and follow-up with builder to ensure timely issuance of policy documents to homeowner.
· Collection of builder fees, risk premium and collateral security per terms and conditions letters.
· Communicate and follow-up with builders to secure required information for enrolment, renewal and COP activities.
· Maintain a current understanding of specified sections of the acts and regulations regarding home warranty insurance in the geographical area of responsibility
· Provide guidance to builder clients on completion of home warranty application forms and the home warranty process.
· Provide builders with guidance with respect to their obligations/requirements under home warranty protection regulations.
· Provide functional support to underwriting team and department including photocopying, filing, recording and preparing files for offsite storage.
· Special projects as assigned
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
· Previous administrative experience
· Strong interpersonal, communication skills (written + oral)
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to meet deadlines, prioritize projects and perform effectively under pressure
· Knowledge of land titles registration systems (would be an asset)
· Good working knowledge of MS Word + Excel
· Team player and the ability to be a positive influence to team
· Post-Secondary education in a related discipline (would be an asset)
· Fluency in Cantonese or Punjabi would be an asset, but is not required
· **Insurance license is an asset (working toward attaining a license will be required upon employment)
** Flexibility to work in our Vancouver location on occasion
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.