We are currently recruiting for a Recovery Advisor with a focus on Property recoveries.
The purpose of this role is to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle recovery opportunities for both personal and commercial, focusing on subrogation of property claims as well as subrogation on automobile claims and property salvage.
- Actively pursue recovery opportunities in the form of subrogation.
- Recognize, investigate, quantify and negotiate recovery potential.
- Responsible for controlling external expenses while ensuring delivery of superior Customer service to all stakeholders.
- Maintain the recovery database and claims financial records through the process of recording claims,
- Maintain adequate reserves,
- Prompt expense payments, and accurate closing of claims.
- Direct Counsel in recovery pursuits.
- Participate in litigation reviews, settlement conferences, mediations and other legal disposition programs.
- Attend mediation, pre-trials and court when required.
- 1+ years experience in Property Claims handling
- Good oral & written skills.
- Ability to make timely decisions.
- Good negotiating skills
- Ability to work in cross functional teams
- Great customer service skills.
- Well organised.
- Ability to Multi Task
- Good computer skills.
- Basic building construction knowledge an asset.
- Enrollment in CIP Classes an asset.
- Xact Analyst
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.