An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Global Corporate Pricing Team for a Pricing Analyst to be based at our London Head office in St Helens, to focus on our expanding Global P&C and Corporate Specialty business.
You will be involved in developing the pricing agenda for Global Corporate Property, Casualty and Speciality Lines products. Working closely alongside the Underwriting Teams, you will also ensure the development, implementation and maintenance of rating structures and rates for these product lines.
As well as someone pursuing the actuarial exams, we are open to your experience/background and would consider an individual who is currently working in a Data Science or numerical role in the insurance industry or a graduate with a degree in Mathematics or a numerical discipline.
What will the role involve?
- Develop working relationships with our expert Underwriters in order to ensure the technical pricing of risks is clearly understood in the quotation process
- As a valued member of staff, you will be involved in the increase coverage of technical pricing across Global and Corporate Commercial accounts and expand the footprint of Actuarial pricing within Aviva
- Ensure consistency of approach where analytical based pricing is not possible
- Support individual account pricing on large and complex deals
- Engage and handle relationships with key partners across all relevant internal and external teams
- Peer review underwriting and pricing work and provide technical guidance
- Develop our pricing capability across all products in Global and Corporate
- Seek out opportunities to introduce new and innovative pricing methodologies and look to simplify our rating processes and drive efficiency savings
- Ensure pricing risk and governance requirements can be evidenced within team
What knowledge and experience are we looking for?
- Trainee Actuary or proven ability in the pricing and analysis of general insurance accounts
- Numerate capabilities with experience/understanding of analytical tools and techniques, such as R or SQL Manager or VBA or SASS
- Ability to think strategically and operationally
- Have great communication skills in order to engage with individuals at all levels
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with senior partners
- Influencing skill - experience with or feel comfortable with influencing when required
What will you get for this role?
- Salary between £30,000 - £45,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Oh and by the way…
At Aviva we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can.
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you need an alternative method of applying, please contact Lacey Lane Mckoy call on: 0207 255 0884 or ping an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
#’*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.