European Portfolio Analyst – Real Estate – London
You will play a key role in the business planning and strategy formation for our European real estate funds. The role holder is expected to own analysis covering Real Estate Funds, assets and new products for the business, including the financial analysis of individual transactions. The role will also be expected to support new business, product development and in-depth European underwriting across UK and Europe.
Spanning real estate, private debt and infrastructure, our real assets platform offers investors access to assets that offer diversification, increased security and the potential for higher returns via a premium for illiquidity. Our real assets capability encompasses global real estate and alternative income investments made around the world. These are physical assets that we buy or provide financing for on behalf of our clients. Transactions to buy or sell are done directly with the counterparty and the price negotiated privately. They are not publicly listed.
- Work closely with the Fund Management Team to analyse and set strategic fund priorities for the short and medium term, to ensure our Funds continue to deliver what our Investors require.
- Lead and develop portfolio reviews to drive better understanding of portfolio risk and performance drivers.
- Analyse historic and forecast performance of funds and assets to make strategic buy/hold/sell recommendations to the Fund Management, Asset Management and Transaction Teams.
- Undertake financial analysis of individual transactions and their impact on the risk and return profiles of their fund, to drive better portfolio management.
- Produce appropriate scenario and stress-testing analysis to ensure that asset and portfolio risks are fully considered and understood.
- Create and update European financial models to support analytical work.
- Proactively engage with the wider Aviva Investors’ business to drive improvements in operational processes and systems
- Supporting new product development with in-depth financial analysis
- Extensive post-graduate experience in Analysis of Investments into UK and European Real Estate.
- In-depth European underwriting skills
- Strong knowledge of UK and European Property Markets.
- IMC or CFA (preferred) qualification.
- Economic or finance related degree
- Excellent technical analytical skills, including significant experience of building and developing analytical models, especially on European models.
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to improve
- Keen attention to detail and numerical accuracy
- Advanced Excel skills
- Additional European Language
- French Language skills
- Experience with Anaplan
We are a global asset manager with broad and deep expertise across all major asset classes. As part of the Aviva Group – the UK’s largest insurance company – we are uniquely positioned to combine our insurance heritage with our investment capabilities to deliver the outcomes that matter most to today’s investor.
Today’s investors are asking more questions than ever. They expect more from their asset managers. They want joined-up thinking fit for an interconnected world; integrated solutions with their needs firmly at the heart. We’re challenging ourselves to respond to these new expectations – as well as the changes taking place in our industry and the world around us. About us
Inclusion and diversity
More than 1,500 people work across the globe, bringing it all together for today’s investor. True integrated advantage starts with our culture.
When everyone feels part of a unified team, in an environment of fairness, inclusion and positivity, we all achieve more. Integrated advantage is created when everyone feels stronger together - with no barriers to their ability to contribute, collaborate and succeed. Our Culture
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy