We are currently hiring for a Large Loss Property Claims Adjuster who will work from a home office in the greater metropolitan areas of Calgary, Vancouver.
In this role, you will be responsible for the investigation, quantification, analysis, adjustment and settlement of complex property claims in addition to property claims in excess of $100,000. With a focus on quality and customer service, this will be accomplished with appropriate experts and premier vendors. The adjustment will be conducted in an efficient and effective manner to control the indemnity, spend and expenses without compromising the delivery of superior customer service.
- Investigate claims by meeting with insureds and experts in order to obtain facts and information to assist in analyzing loss
- Review and compile photos, secure statements and compile expert reports
- Review and compile facts, policies, technical reports, analyze Xactimate estimates, value of claim and negotiate/settle claim
- Communicate claim adjustments via written reports to all parties. This will be based on the policy wording and circumstances surrounding the loss to determine coverage
- Provide exemplary customer service and keep related parties informed of the claim status
- Responsible for data accuracy and issuing payments to vendors, insureds and experts
- Ensure all correspondence is completed in a timely and effective manner including the creation of Critical Path Letters, Proof of Losses, and Reservation of Rights letters etc.
- Responsible for recognizing questionable claims, subrogation and risk opportunities
- Review case law to determine liability
- Travel across Western Canada and CAT support across Canada (subject to provincial licensing constraints) as necessary
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Thorough knowledge of the property insurance industry
- At least 7-10 years of commercial and residential property claims adjusting experience
- Strong construction knowledge
- Experience in directly handling complex residential and commercial losses in excess of $100,000
- Strong computer skills
- Strong working knowledge of property insurance case law
- Thorough knowledge of a variety of property coverage wordings
- Some basic accounting skills
- Superior communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent report writing skills