The Internship program at Aviva is a 10-week long structured program. The internship period for university students usually begins in May and ends in July. Extensions are also possible, subject to availability, if there’s arrangement between Aviva and also your university.
You’ll be attached to one function within Aviva and work on real projects. There are also regular meets with various members of the senior management team. By the end of the program, you’ll gain practical working experience and knowledge of the insurance industry.
Service Operations Department handles all customer and intermediary interactions in the Individual Life business in alignment with the desired service standards signatory of Aviva. This includes the management of complaints and understanding of the voice of our customers in recommending the optimal gaps closure in shifting the negative experience to a more positive one. You’ll be guided on delivering consistent and delightful customer service experiences across multiple touch points in accordance with the company’s service standards and quality objectives.
Some tasks include
- Manage customer enquiries using CRM technology and providing quality answer in line with Aviva’s tone of voice.
- Perform one-stop service delivery in processing customer request using our core systems.
- Examine feedback and complaints for management reporting and come up with customer centric recommendations on business process gaps closure.
- Work with the CS newsletter team on internal communications to drive increased staff engagement
- Personal and Professional development opportunities as well as broader exposure to Aviva's organization and culture.
- Real life hands-on experience in Customer Management.
- Play a role in supporting the Service Operations Department where you get to learn a diverse range of insurance products (Life/Health/Investment-linked) and business processes.
- Learn the insurance framework and its various functions end to end - from new business to underwriting to claims.
- Effective communication skills including internal comms and business writing
- Good communication skills – oral and written
- Good relational skills
- Have a customer centric mindset
- Insurance knowledge (not a must have)