This role manages and implements multiple change items within Derivatives Operations. This includes initiatives raised within operations but also external change impacting operations, for example new product launches or transformation led activity
• Detailed analysis of persistent issues and root cause identification, remediation & solution implementation
• Analysis of internal or external change initiatives impacting operations & socialized, management supported recommendations for solutions.
• Assess end to end operational processes and identify dependencies, failure points, impacts, risks and controls.
• Fully document or articulate findings and present to sponsors, management and impacted teams to obtain consent & approval for change implementation
• Identify and call out to management team any potential risks or controls failure points observed during analysis or reviews.
• Represent Operations at meetings, forums or project working groups where change is being considered, managed or reviewed
• Proactively engage with internal and external partners to progress analysis and implementation
• When completing analysis, try to identify opportunities to reduce complexity and simplify processes whilst identifying &minimizing potential risks to our business and appropriate controls to address
• Adhere to reporting frameworks, best practices and timeframes within Operations or as agreed with internal or external partners
• Communicate in a concise, balanced and effective manner regardless of communication method. Ensure communication style is appropriate for the audience/recipient and is always considered
• Escalate to management any immediate or potential risks or control failures regardless of ownership
• Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent
• IAQ and/or IMC would be advantageous.
• Wide knowledge of OTC and exchange traded derivative products.
• Understanding of derivatives regulations, such as EMIR, MAS and non-cleared margin rules.
• Experience of investment management middle office processes (insourced or outsourced) supported with good background knowledge of the investment management industry, functions & services.
• Track record in managing complex change either within a project governance or operational role
• Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills
• Proven ability to produce documentation with excellent attention to detail.
• Good presentation abilities and comfortable presenting to an audience
• Able to use and interpret financial data quickly and effectively.
• An advanced MS Excel, MS Visio and MS Word practitioner and comfortable across the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision whilst adhering to deadlines.
• Aladdin experience preferred
We are a global asset manager with broad and deep expertise across all major asset classes. As part of the Aviva Group – the UK’s largest insurance company – we are uniquely positioned to combine our insurance heritage with our investment capabilities to deliver the outcomes that matter most to today’s investor.
Today’s investors are asking more questions than ever. They expect more from their asset managers. They want joined-up thinking fit for an interconnected world; integrated solutions with their needs firmly at the heart. We’re challenging ourselves to respond to these new expectations – as well as the changes taking place in our industry and the world around us. About us
Inclusion and diversity
More than 1,500 people work across the globe, bringing it all together for today’s investor. True integrated advantage starts with our culture.
When everyone feels part of a unified team, in an environment of fairness, inclusion and positivity, we all achieve more. Integrated advantage is created when everyone feels stronger together - with no barriers to their ability to contribute, collaborate and succeed. Our Culture
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.