Aviva has a Customer Service Advisor role available at our friendly York Office.
We are recruiting for individuals that are looking for a challenge in an environment where the customer is key, and where we measure ourselves against our values, not targets.
The Agency & Commission department provides a friendly working environment that promotes challenges, new ideas and a culture of making it work for the business. You'll be working as part of a small team taking calls and processing requests from both internal and external customers.
Our external customers are financial advisers and through questioning and listening you will learn to understand why they are contacting us and providing them with the right information upon first contact. You will be using a range of different computer systems, delivering a quality service to our customers. Full training is provided and is expected to take between 4-6 weeks. Are you positive and customer-orientated, wanting a new challenging role within a highly customer focused team? This could be the role for you.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that you know and understand the end to end flow of the customer journey.
- Understand the nature of the requests we receive.
- Understand what really matters to the customer.
- Own customer requests from start to finish where appropriate, providing confidence for the customer.
- Protect our customers and Aviva by ensuring your activity prevents fraud and meets legislative requirements.
- Make decisions in the interests of customers which reflect fair customer outcomes.
- Build your own knowledge and develop yourself to improve your contribution.
- Actively highlight issues that prevent you from completing customer requests and making sure you do not build waste in our processes.
- Make suggestions for improvement, and take action where appropriate, based on knowledge and data. Own changes, implementing where you can, pulling in support where needed.
- Share changes/improvements with area and constructively challenge other suggestions
Skills & Experience required
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Data analysis skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Recognising customers as individuals
- Working in a team
What will you get for these roles?
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family.
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
- Full training and ongoing support provided
We care about the wellbeing of our employees:
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social wellbeing.
Here are just a few highlights:
- You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
- We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE
- We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues.
Oh, and by the way…
At Aviva we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can.
We also care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. In fact, we don’t see age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. In our opinion that’s nothing to do with us and we welcome absolutely everyone.
We’re not just saying that – we interview every disabled* applicant that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, submit your application online. If you need an alternative method of applying, please give a call to Martine Harris on: 0121 234 7652 or ping them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.