Controls Assurance Analyst – COO – London
This role, together with the Business Process and Controls team, helps implement and maintain a robust control framework across Aviva Investors globally. To embed risk and control ownership in the first line of defence. To improve the quality of the control environment and provide assurance over controls to senior management. Work in a team that is looking at both the ‘big picture’ view of the financial reporting control environment and developing a detailed understanding of key processes, including the impact of significant ongoing change programmes within Aviva Investors.
· Delivering the AAF Internal Controls Report (International Standard on Assurance Engagements 3402 (“ISAE 3402”) and the Technical Release AAF 01/06 (“AAF/01/06”)).
· Managing the Aviva Investors Financial Reporting Control Framework (FRCF) submission to Group.. Involves delivery of the FRCF risk assessment, process and control design adequacy, operational effectiveness testing and monitoring and reporting of control deficiencies.
· Complete high quality design adequacy walkthroughs and controls testing (core part of the role)
· Manage on-going engagement and partnering with the business to support delivery of controls testing
· Controls Assurance owner of the iCare system
· Timely identification of deficiencies and exceptions and input and tracking into the remediation process
· Continuously enhance processes and controls
· Collaboration with the Business Process and Controls team
· Undertake special projects as required
· Support and input to planning, risk assessments, training, board papers, writing of reports and ad-hoc analysis as needed
· Qualified or part qualified ACA/ACCA with experience in a control, risk or audit environment
· Degree qualified or equivalent
· IMC qualified or equivalent
· AAF/SOC1/SAS 70
· Knowledge of financial reporting standards
· Experience of delivering to high quality within tight timescales
· A committed team player, can do attitude, supportive to colleagues
· Strong communications skills, both written and verbal;
· Evidence of strong self-motivation and ability to proactively resolve issues;
· Proactive and articulate individual, comfortable with dealing with a range of colleagues to a senior level
We are a global asset manager with broad and deep expertise across all major asset classes. As part of the Aviva Group – the UK’s largest insurance company – we are uniquely positioned to combine our insurance heritage with our investment capabilities to deliver the outcomes that matter most to today’s investor.
Today’s investors are asking more questions than ever. They expect more from their asset managers. They want joined-up thinking fit for an interconnected world; integrated solutions with their needs firmly at the heart. We’re challenging ourselves to respond to these new expectations – as well as the changes taking place in our industry and the world around us. About us
Inclusion and diversity
More than 1,500 people work across the globe, bringing it all together for today’s investor. True integrated advantage starts with our culture.
When everyone feels part of a unified team, in an environment of fairness, inclusion and positivity, we all achieve more. Integrated advantage is created when everyone feels stronger together - with no barriers to their ability to contribute, collaborate and succeed. Our Culture
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.