Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with over 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of over € 11 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information technology space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education as well as multicultural and pluralistic approaches to research that contribute to scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the group enables its customers, employees and collaborators, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably and confidently in the information technology space.
The Expert UI team are building the tools that support professional legal users such as Solicitors and Judges as they build, manage and progress legal cases.
The programme follows the SAFe methodology for scaled agile, using programme increments (PIs) of six two-weekly sprint cycles, totalling 12 weeks per PI. Each workstream follows the Scrum framework at the individual team level, typically using sprint cycles of two weeks.
You will supply to the following generic team responsibilities as and where appropriate:
· High level requirements and change requests are established, technical options are identified, estimates are provided, and impact assessments informed in line with the Digital Service Standard.
· Technical stories defined and non-technical stories refined (working collaboratively with the BA)
· Security level, legal responsibilities, privacy issues and risks associated with the service are looked after
· Areas of technical risk are identified and de-risked with technical spikes
· Definition of “ready” (for development) and “done” are defined.
· Service integration approach established (with the products), where applicable.
· Hosting and service wrapper requirements are defined.
· Code reviewed by peers and other team members.
· Continuous integration pipeline to be used in beta and beyond are built.
· Code development for each story follows the agreed best practice.
Developers will use the following working practices:
· Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, using Agile principles and methodologies in a way which aligns with the values and goals of the team and wider organisation.
· Work with service managers, product owners and business analysts to identify and define user stories and acceptance criteria.
· Collaborate with other developers on the team in ensuring that reuse of components is maximised, and development effort is minimised.
· Collaborate with the team’s UX Designer, Content Designer and User Researcher to build web interfaces that satisfy user needs.
· Maintain and encourage high standards of practice.
· Be responsible for their work from design to post-deployment support
· Use their expertise to guide and craft the design of the product
· Keep a user focused mind-set and consider the impact of their work on the user’s experience
· Spread their knowledge through the team
· Take technical direction and guidance from their team’s Architect and Tech Lead
· Take design direction and guidance from their team’s Solution Architect, UX Designer and User Researcher
· Support the activities of the project teams as necessary to prepare for any necessary gating and assurance processes
· Produce the following work products:
· Source code stored in GitHub
· Executable code built via Jenkins
· Technical documentation stored in Confluence
· Progress tracking updated in Jira
Most ExpertUI development work is around frontend Angular components. Developers must have experience of the following technologies:
· Frontend test frameworks (Jasmine, Karma, Protractor)
· git or other modern distributed version control system, github
· creating and consuming RESTful endpoints
Experience of the following would be desirable:
· Agile development using Scrum
· Azure cloud development, or cloud development on another major public cloud provider
· DevOps for Azure cloud deployed applications
· backend development in node.js
· backend development using Java/Spring
· Jira and Confluence
· Contract testing with Pact
· Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipelines
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.