The Service Desk provides a single point of contact for all IT problems and enquiries. Service Desk
takes responsibility of the total end to end management of all calls (from the initial contact, until the
call is closed) and provides End-to End Tier 1 Incident Management support for all Desktop related
problems and queries.
The main purpose of the First Level Support Analyst’s role is to provide a single point of contact for
customers’ problems and enquiries, taking ownership and responsibility for calls from the initial
contact, until the call is closed and to ensure that the support meets established Service Levels
Agreements and quality standards.
• Diploma or Bachelor Degree in IT / Computer Science or equivalent
• Professional certification is an added advantage – i.e. MCP/MCITP/MCSE, Lotus Notes, ITIL
The range of activities and tasks to be undertaken by a First Level Support Analyst are to:
• Take and receive all customer calls in a professional and courteous manner as well as providing
advice and support.
• To handle & reply incoming emails within timely manner each depending on accounts contractual
• Respond to customers’ voice mail & Email messages;
• Follow procedures to ensure all calls are identified as ‘in’ or ‘out’ of contracted scope;
• Provide ‘first time fix’, wherever possible;
• Apply known solutions, advice and guidance to customers;
• Take change requests from customers and ensure these are accurately logged and referred to the
appropriate support teams;
• Log all calls, using the designated call handling system and entering detailed and accurate
• To ensure ticket is raised for each call/email received and minimizing discrepancies between call
& ticket ratio.
• Perform end to end ticket management for all incidents & changes, ensuring each call is
progressed till resolution.
• Understanding of ticket priority and differences between IMAC’s, ensuring adequate service type
to be applied on tickets.
• Communicate with Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management and
respective support teams to confirm details of high severity, minor/major change or problem
• Validate user equipment inventory data held within the inventory database;
• Assign any problems which cannot be resolved during the call to the appropriate support group;
• Keep the customer, when they make follow up calls, fully informed about the progress of any
problems which have been assigned to a support group;
• Contact the customer to assess their satisfaction prior to the closing of a call;
• Carry out appropriate level of technical investigation prior to escalating to the next level
• Ensure effective escalation and hand-over of customer enquiries/problems to the correct AO
resolving group, client Resolver Groups and/or 3rd party maintenance supplier ensuring accurate
information is provided and the process is carried out in a timely manner
• Keep up to date with changes in the IT systems of the customer and industry
• Provide remotely installation of hardware, software and applications or upgrades on customers’
systems where appropriate
• Provide input to resolve customer complaints and dissatisfaction issues
• Maintain good and constructive relationships with customers and ensure customer requirements
are met within agreed timescales
• Provide technical input to projects as requested
• Keep up to date with new and emerging technologies
• Assist with the coaching and development of new staff;
• Learn the use of required telephony systems
• Awareness on process/procedures for center/respective accounts and adhere to designated
• Attentiveness on center/individual KPI’s, and ensuring to achieve objectives given.
• To achieve individual objective for monthly CSAT’s, this involves on follow up with users upon
completion of tickets to access satisfaction.
• Propose suggestions for team/center improvements.
• To take on a step account and available at all times, for cross support.
• Readiness to be moved to other account, based on center requirements (when/if required).
Skill set & Experience
• At least 1 year’s experience in a customer service industry, preferably IT based;
• At least 1 year’s experience of working in a helpdesk/call center customer handling environment;
• 2 years practical experience of operating PCs.
• Previous working experience in a multinational Service Desk/Helpdesk environment for 1 to 2
years is an definite added advantage
• Good interpersonal skills and customer interface skills – both on the phone and in person with
customers and colleagues
• Good written and verbal communication skills – in particular verbal and telephone enquiry
handling skills in native language and business fluent English
• Excellent listening skill
• Good analytical skills and an ability to define the precise nature of customer problems;
• Ability to conceptualize problems
• Ability to give specific and clear instructions and problem-solving advice
• Ability to organize and prioritize work in an effective manner
• Ability to work under pressure and be decisive
• Ability to support multiple accounts/customer environment
• Methodical and disciplined approach to work
• Self motivation, drive and determination to succeed
• Good personal time management and task organization
• Ability to work well in a team and in a target oriented environment
• Good understanding of customer satisfaction principles and practices
• Willing to work on 24x7 shift hours including weekends/public holidays
• Working knowledge of PC technologies and industry standard business desktop applications such
as MS Office 2003 and MS Windows XP
• Knowledge of cabling and network (LAN/WAN) architectures
• Knowledge of Remote Desktop Management tools
• Understanding of and ability to carry out quality assurance checks of work;
• Ability to grasp new technical concepts quickly
• Basic understanding of computers and how they are configured
• Good knowledge of Atos Origin support teams and their interface with customers