Amazon Global Production Solutions is a global, internal creative agency. Our expertise ranges from brand development to high-volume content production, with studio capabilities in design, UX, video and photography. We partner with Amazon businesses to delight customers and drive engagement.
Amazon China is looking for a talented, customer-focused visual designer to join our team. Your primary focus will be to create elegant, on-brand designs that provide a superior retail experience working in close collaboration with art directors, UX designers, site merchandizers, product management, business teams and designers across international locations.
What are we looking for in you?
The ideal candidate would be highly motivated, self-directed, enthusiastic person who works well under pressure and can thrive in a deadline driven atmosphere. They must have a strong individual sense of aesthetics and be able to conceptualize stylish, elevated ideas. In addition, they should have the ability to deliver clean, web-ready designs based on existing style guides and brand guidelines in a fast-paced production environment for Amazon.in. This position requires strong organizational skills, digital expertise, intrinsic design abilities, typographic skills, and acute attention to detail. The ability to manage multiple projects and communicate with key stakeholders is essential. An online portfolio of work is REQUIRED.
· Experience working with a design style guide or branding guidelines
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and the ability to gracefully defend your design decisions
· Illustration experience
· Experience in e-commerce
· Copywriting skills a plus
Ideal candidate profile
· At least 3 years of work experience in web design / graphic design production environment
· Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent professional experience required
· Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
· Familiarity with the technical considerations needed when designing for the web and web based devices
· A portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions
· Excellent Adobe Creative Suite skills
· Demonstrated compositional and typographical skills
· Strong communication skills
· Self-motivated and capable of working independently