Can you communicate complex and technical business concepts in appealing online support content? Can you lead and inspire other writers to author content that enables employees to self serve? Amazon’s HR Global Content team is looking for a Content Strategist to create and manage highly digestible content that's easy to find and use, including self-service online articles, e-mail communications, standard operating procedure (SOP) documents, policies, templates, and other worldwide content.
The HR Global Content Team owns the Human Resources self-service strategy and ensures a consistent global user experience for all Amazon employees. We are a fun and diverse team with members in several different countries. We help to enable employee self-sufficiency by providing simple, intuitive tools with personalized content that can be accessed anywhere, by any device. We use a variety of data sources to better understand customer needs and partner with global shared service teams to develop self-service solutions that leverage digital technologies to help HR create a world-class experience for employees.
· Effectively manage several complex projects simultaneously while maintaining a sense of hustle
· Use project management skills to support business change, ensuring content meets a high bar for quality and is delivered on time
· Be able to work across numerous business models and create certainty out of ambiguity
· Lead, train, and inspire authors and editors to deliver their best work in support of our business goals
· Use superior writing skills and extraordinary attention to detail to evaluate, uphold, implement, and evangelize global and regional content standards that reflect the voice of Amazon and HR Services
· Collaborate with partner teams across HR to ensure internal policies, standard operating processes (SOPs), and other reference materials are documented
· Improve business metrics and content development processes using data analysis
· Use sound business judgment to make quick decisions under pressure in ambiguous circumstances, balancing advocacy with a need for action.
· Build knowledge using clear, concise, visually appealing, and user-focused content
· Identify opportunities to improve content development processes and tools, and drive team improvements autonomously
· Enable our internal customers to easily discover content by creating best practices in keyword assignment and building an intuitive taxonomy
· Use a combination of data analysis, user research, benchmarking, and content audits to make content decisions and orchestrate content development
· Demonstrable experience with an enterprise CMS platform
· Experience leading a team of editors
· Background in information architecture
· UX design or writing experience
· Intermediate HTML and/or XML skills
· Translation and localization knowledge and/or experience
· Experience working in a cross-functional team
· Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, technical environment
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
· Experience with document authoring tools
· Experience creating content with visual elements
· Exceptional writing and editing skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related field
· 5+ years of related professional experience