The Alexa North Star Experience (NSX) team is seeking an innovative and highly motivated User Researcher to join our NSX Design team. Our research work includes generative, formative and evaluative studies across the Alexa domain. It will not only focus on rigorous usability and lab studies, but also include immersive field research to address research needs for all phases of design and product development. You are a good fit for this position if you are an excellent communicator, knowledgeable about UX design, comfortable with rapid velocity, excited to collaborate, have a toolbox full of various research methods, and focused squarely on impacting the user experience of the Alexa service.
You should have broad skills in user research, product research, and design research methods and a thorough understanding of qualitative and quantitative research concepts. You will work with minimal direction to quickly deliver high-quality outputs. There will be overlapping projects, so you should be good at multitasking, juggling competing priorities, and organizing yourself. Most of all, you're excited by translating uncertainty and ambiguity into actionable recommendations.
· Create a deep understanding and empathy for our target customers through a diverse research program.
· Work closely with product and design teams to identify research questions, build a research plan that will answer them, and communicate the insights to shape the user experiences of Alexa products and capabilities.
· Identify the best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
· Understand different data types from different sources and perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create insightful and actionable findings.
· Work cross-functionally with design, product management, engineering, and marketing to communicate results and recommendations, and advocate on behalf of our customers.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Ideal candidate profile
· A Bachelor's Degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar.
· 3+ years of professional experience in a related field.
· Experience with research process and research methods (e.g., surveys and questionnaire design, personas, lab studies, diary studies, and other methods).
· Experience working across functional teams like engineering, merchandising, design, marketing, finance, and operations to deliver successful outcomes.