Do you excel at designing retail experiences? Live to make customers happy and confident? Love fashion? Read on!
Who we are
The Amazon Fashion Design and Research team is dedicated to being the beacon of design excellence within the highly visual, emotive, and impassioned space where contemporary fashion and cutting-edge technology meet. Our aim is to provide simple, fluid, and beautiful experiences that accommodate our growing and diverse selection, while enabling customers to make confident buying decisions and delighting them along the way. We seek to make Amazon Fashion the daily destination for inspiring fashion worldwide.
We are seeking a UX Designer to define, design, and deliver new shopping experiences to address a key customer need when purchasing clothing and shoes online: getting fashion inspiration and discovering interesting and relevant items in a sea of products.
Who you are
As the ideal candidate you will look around corners to define, design and deliver experiences that enable our customers to discover new fashion and even become immersed in inspiration while shopping Amazon. You'll work at the intersection of computer vision, machine learning models and Amazon's own technologies to design elegant solutions to customer needs.
To accomplish this, you will be responsible for developing and socializing experiences that drive engagement and excitement throughout the organization - working closely with our partners in research, design and product management across Amazon. Because the scope of this position will extend across a number of features, the ability to balance high-level, holistic reasoning with detail-oriented feature design is imperative.
You would be perfect for this role if:
· You're a systems oriented design thinker who envisions and crafts holistic solutions for your users that span the entire customer journey.
· You see patterns and connect dots as part of your daily process.
· You are passionate about working strategically with internal and external partners and senior leaders to create and deliver visionary and customer-focused solutions.
· You design experiences that visually provoke and captivate.
· You are an empathic teammate who flourishes when collaborating closely with other disciplines and partners.
· You are a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and is comfortable wearing many hats.
What you'll do:
· Analyze customer behaviors, identify opportunities to solve problems, and create a cohesive, best-in-class experience in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
· Contribute to the architecture of near and long term user experience visions for features and product lines across devices and locales.
· Create conceptual diagrams, user flows, wireframes, detailed mockups and prototypes to communicate high-level design strategies as well as specific interaction behaviors.
· Responsibly and effectively advocate for the customer in a corporate environment; fostering a shared understanding of the customer-centric intersection between design, technology and business.
· Deliver high quality creative products while insisting on high standards and attention to detail.
· Present to business, design, and executive-level leadership and support your design rationale using quantitative data and site metrics, customer feedback, and usability findings.
· Develop and maintain effective specifications and design patterns.
· Scope design initiatives and manage/prioritize work items.
Ideal candidate profile
· 5+ years of professional experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, or product designer
· Bachelor's Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Design, or a related field
· Portfolio of work samples demonstrating ability to create memorable customer experiences across a range of touch-points; including problems you helped solve for, your contributions, and impact to the customer
· Experience working cross-team and synthesizing feedback and input from product management, engineering, research and marketing
· Ability to work across organizational boundaries and manage ambiguity to define, manage, and prioritize work
· Experience presenting to and advising senior management; able to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the organization in both written and verbal communication
· Proficiency in design software such as Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite