At Amazon we strive to be Earth's most customer centric company. The Amazon Customer Engagement Technology UX team is key to that mission, defining UX for both customers and the customer service associates who help them. When our customers have problems we make solutions self-evident, and when they need additional help, we ensure the best possible human support.
In this role you will be responsible for leading the design of next generation experiences for customers when they need help. You are an experienced UX Designer with strong user interface design skills, and a desire to go deep in understanding your users, applying user insights to everything you do. You are a systems-oriented thinker, who is happiest when solving highly ambiguous and multi-faceted problems. You love the intellectual challenge of simplifying highly technical problems in elegantly simple ways that can make customer and associate interactions effortless and intuitive.
As a UX Designer, you will define and design interfaces for Customer Service UX that leverage the latest machine learning and artificial intelligence capabilities aimed to help customers solve their problems. You will be responsible for developing best-in-class experiences (user interface designs, user flows, interaction models, lightweight prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, startup-like environment. You will work closely with product management, engineering and the UX team to successfully go from early stage product concepts to launch. You are a pragmatic design leader who can translate business needs into an effortless and intuitive customer-focused solution. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be at ease visualizing an experience in the abstract and then being able to drive that vision into solid design deliverables anchored with user data.
· Analyze user interface problems and create design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
· Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, telemetry data, A/B data, customer feedback, technical constraints/opportunities and usability findings
· Foster a culture of design thinking, continuous learning and constructive design critique.
· Work closely with the business team to develop use cases and high-level requirements
· Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flows for browser-based and device specific screen sizes
· Quickly yet thoroughly create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
· Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and executives for review and feedback
Ideal candidate profile
· A portfolio or work samples demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions that solve for customer problems
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences at varying levels of the organization
· Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
· Fluency in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
· Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Invision, and Keynote
· Demonstrated interaction design expertise; capacity for creating natural, highly usable designs and layouts, and a propensity towards simplification
· A relentless customer focus