Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a talented and passionate user experience designer to join our growing design and research studio. This user experience designer will have a significant impact on our business as they contribute to the design direction for a brand new AI service. Throughout the strategy, design, and development lifecycle, the designer will work collaboratively with a strong design team, engineers, product managers and executives.
AWS provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. AWS UX Design and Research works to enable our users, from Netflix to your next-door neighbor, to harness the power of the cloud. If you want to work on some of the world's biggest design challenges, and make tools that builders will use to create the great products of tomorrow, join our team.
We care about your career growth too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you'll review it regularly to ensure you're on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
· Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment.
· Understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
· Use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements.
· Design the architecture, interface, and interaction flow of services and experiences.
· Develop personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
· Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions.
· Chart a course for yourself in ambiguous situations. Mentor and assist junior designers and interns.
Ideal candidate profile
· 5+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar design-related role.
· 3+ years experience working in direct collaboration with product leadership, development managers, and cross-functional stakeholders.
· 3+ years experience creating prototypes or wire-frames for complex web applications and/or workflows.
· An online portfolio demonstrating samples of design deliverables (personas, journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes) is required to apply for this role.
· Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience.