Our mission is to inspire readers by making it easy to read more and get more out of reading. In pursuit of this, our 50+ person global Design Studio provides the user research, UX, and brand design for Kindle E-readers, Kindle apps for phones & tablets, Author & Publisher tools, and book shopping experiences used by millions of readers and thousands of authors around the world. We are looking for a passionate, design-focused, and customer-obsessed UX designer to join our team.
In this role you will own a portion of the experience that helps authors and publishers reach readers and manage their business.
As a UX Designer, you will be trusted to operate with independence and ownership, including in areas where the program strategy is still being defined. Informing your judgement is deep knowledge and practical experience in UX best practices & processes, product design and interactive design. Additionally, you have successfully launched B2C and/or B2B web-based web-based portals that have delivered results.
You invent, evolve, improve, and simplify in a manner that scales across multiple teams, feature types, and development methodologies. You are flexible and comfortable with ambiguity, and adapt your approach to meet the needs of a broad set of partners. At the same time, you are highly collaborative—working with Creative Directors, Sr. Designers, Product Managers and Dev to drive for alignment and help efforts avoid getting lost in the “mushy middle”.
· Develop inventive ways to visualize data and information
· Create user-centered designs by considering publisher feedback, site metrics, and usability findings
· Use business requirements and customer research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements
· Design the visual style, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences
· Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-through's and prototypes
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns
· Develop streamlined prioritization and work processes in collaboration with product and engineering partners
Ideal candidate profile
· Prior industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer or similar role
· Experience collaborating with multi-functional teams (design, research, product, business, and engineering) through the full product development lifecycle
· A portfolio of work demonstrating design experience across the product ecosystem
· Functional experience with design tools: Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, etc.