There aren't many roles that get to apply themselves across today's Mobile, TV, Tablet, and Web surfaces with opportunities to design for commerce, content, and interaction for global consumers, developers, and content partners. This is one of those few jobs. It takes serious skills to identify the key levers for success, and to deliver simple yet valuable designs. If you're up for the challenge, we are looking for you.
The Amazon Digital Apps and Games team is seeking a gifted User Experience and Visual Designer to drive user experiences for our product and business operations teams in Japan. This role reports directly to the GM of the Japan business.
Our organization provides hundreds of thousands of apps to millions of users globally across our Fire product line, Alexa services, and Android phones. The future includes services that help content creators and consumers connect across devices and services. We are just getting started, and we need your help to build what's next.
Our ideal Designer will be able to solve complex user experience problems across multiple platforms and create highly polished marketing and advertising creative work. You will partner directly with our Product Management team and work with Business Development, Marketing, Advertising and Operations teams to support a wide variety of project work.
Specifically, you will:
· Design and iterate on creative assets for critical projects and events run by our Marketing and BD teams
· Design and iterate on concepts for web, mobile, and tablet experiences in a fast-paced team environment with Product and Engineering teams
· Participate in the planning process for new features and projects
· Develop and contribute to wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes
· Own the production of world-class designs and documentation for presentation to engineers, managers, peer design teams, and senior executives
· Refine your designs, considering live customer data, market research, and usability studies
· Assist in the development and evaluation of personas, user stories, and usability studies
· Coordinate with in-house creative asset production on priorities, timing, patterns, and QA
· Create and maintain detailed user-interface specifications, design patterns, libraries and design systems
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
· 5+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role designing mobile, web, and/or other on-device applications.
· An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered mobile design solutions is a requirement for application
· 2+ years of experience successfully leading design projects from concept to delivery to customers
· Proven experience with rapid, iterative design and development processes
· Experience planning, executing and reporting on usability testing of your design solutions
· Knowledge of all creative tools used by designers and when to use them appropriately
· Basic English proficiency with demonstrated ability leading persuasive presentations to senior management