Amazon is seeking an experienced candidate to identify, create, develop and integrate innovative solutions and programs that lead to improvements in our transportation network. The candidate will work across the EU in a cross-functional environment to develop a methodology for Line haul truck planning and route optimization as well as determine future demand for transportation resources, and translates the aforementioned into accurate capacity plans. S/he also will also be responsible to set up accurate statistics, management reports and analysis to assess planning efficiency and drive continuous improvement on planning processes. S/he will collaborate with Amazon Technology team to to scope business requirements and drive improvement on software and tools. S/he also facilitates the flow of information between different stakeholders (Trans Carriers/Hubs/Warehouses) and resolves any potential issues that impact customer experience and business continuity.
The successful candidate will have strong data mining and modelling skills and is comfortable facilitating ideation and working from concept through to execution.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Design processes for Line haul transportation planning, route selection and optimization.
· Develop strategies to improve transportation speed and efficiency.
· Standardize and automatize transportation planning processes.
· Coordinate the launch of new lanes with primary stakeholders (Carriers/ Fulfillment Centers/ Finance).
· Develop and present performance metrics for Senior management to assist driving business results .
· Pull and report data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as required.
· Scope out business and functional requirements for the Amazon technology teams who create and enhance the software systems and tools.
· Communicate and collaborate with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Retail, Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers).
Ideal candidate profile
· Master degree or equivalent with excellent academic record in Logistics/Supply Chain/ Mathematics/Science/Engineering or related.
· Ability to prepare, report and interpret large sets of data.
· Advanced proficiency in Excel (VBA is a plus)
· Able to write SQL scripts for analysis and reporting ( SQL, MySQL)
· Experience using one or more programming languages such as Python, VBA, MATLAB, Java, C++
· Excellent communication, both verbal and written.
· Fluent in English.