Each day, hundreds of thousands of developers make billions of transactions worldwide on our cloud. They are harnessing the power of Amazon Web Services (AWS) to enable innovative applications, websites, and businesses. However, there are always a few people that try to take unfair advantage of a good thing...
Are you excited about training a global AWS's fraud investigation team? Do you possess great training skills and love working in a fast paced environment? Are you up to the challenge of designing training curriculum and providing that training to new employees and those looking for advanced skill training?
If your answer is yes, then this is the job for you!
The Fraud Investigation Trainer is based in Seattle, is responsible for developing training, delivering it to new hires globally and those seeking continuing education related to Investigator tools and developing and administering knowledge/skills testing. The position requires coordination with AWS fraud prevention leaders and investigation teams around the globe to ensure that training is conducted on-time and with sufficient resources and facilities. You will continuously review and improve existing instruction, and identify and develop new areas of training. In addition to delivering the training curriculum, you will be able to define how we use surveys, testing, and metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of training and assess learning and skill development. The Trainer will also work with other stakeholders to review and modify standard operating procedures to drive improvement in processes and procedures.
A successful candidate will be customer centric, team oriented, an effective communicator, and will have the ability to work independently. They will have a proven track record in training and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment, and will possess the following abilities:
Excellent communication skills
· Comfortable talking in front of a group as well as one-on-one with an individual
· Able to give and receive feedback effectively
· Can drive understanding (i.e. using visual aids, able to recognize when a group or individual doesn't understand and needs more attention)
Ability to follow up
· Always meets time commitments and deadlines, is goal oriented
· Checks and tests for understanding
· Gives insight to area managers
Proven people skill
· Works hard for the success of others, constantly remains “customer obsessed”
· Demonstrates a positive “can do” demeanor and has fun and gains energy from working with other
· Is an active listener
· Document the key drivers for each team within AWS Fraud Prevention, and how the decisions behind these drivers impact the overall AWS Fraud Prevention mission
· Partner with AWS Fraud Prevention Management to develop and implement the training curriculum for the global AWS Fraud Investigations team
· Create cross-team training material to educate AWS Investigators on key drivers for other Fraud Prevention teams and the decisions behind them
· Create cross-team training material to educate AWS Fraud Prevention teams on the AWS Investigators' key drivers
· Deliver training to the AWS Investigators and other Fraud Prevention personnel – either onsite, virtually, and/or using KNET
· Mentor junior trainers with training facilitation and planning
· Define mechanisms to survey, test, assess training effectiveness based on agreed upon metrics
· Use quantitative and qualitative inputs to identify trends and new areas of training
· Participate in Weekly Business Reviews (WBR) highlighting the training function's Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
· Potential travel to global sites
Ideal candidate profile
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Outlook
· Expertise in developing, planning, implementing and assessing training.
· Excellent communication skills for the purpose of knowledge transfer and skill development, including superior skill in explaining technical topics to novices and collaborating with subject matter experts and managers.
· Ability to use multiple learning methods and link appropriate methods with subject matter.
· Excellent one-to-many and one-to-one communication skills in both classroom and tutorial settings.
· Knowledge of adult learning and training practices, especially in technical support contexts.
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate time zone of global learners
· BS/BA degree or 4 years training related work experience.
· Candidates must be very organized and able to handle multiple and changing projects/priorities.