Amazon Web Services has an opening for a Training Program Manager located in Seattle, WA who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has a strong training & development, program management, and reporting and analytics background. As a Training Program Manager, you will be responsible for managing implementation of training projects and key programs, provide reporting and analytics support for the AWS Support Learning & Knowledge Management team, and provide oversight and support for a variety of training courses and programs. A key area of focus will be managing the Subject Matter Expert (SME) Accreditation Program globally across AWS Support. This entails overseeing the accreditation program processes and reporting and tracking details needed to successfully run and grow the program. You will also play a significant role in managing a consistent and standardized process, both in executing the program as well as analyzing and reporting on key metrics and results for the AWS Support Learning and Knowledge Team. Managing and improving consistency and quality of SME Accreditation Process is a key goal for this role. You will also periodically provide training curriculum development support and help manage support to augment existing team members locally and to help identify key improvements for our training processes across AWS Support.
The primary responsibilities for this Training Program Manager role include:
· Collaborate effectively with AWS Support teams on the operational details and program processes to ensure successful management and growth of the Subject Matter Expert (SME) Accreditation program. This includes tracking and reporting on the progress of participants, verifying SME nominations, overseeing and supporting in scheduling and coordinating assessment boards and taking ownership to ensure a successful accreditation program.
· Use the Learning Management System, AWS operational metrics/reports, and other data sources to analyze and report on training and knowledge management results. Manage the learning and knowledge team dashboard and associated processes.
· Manage the use of feedback surveys to guide analysis and decision making around training development and opportunities for improvement.
· Assist with using and leveraging training team tools to maximize efficiency and effectiveness including the Learning Management System, SharePoint, scheduling tools, etc.
· Coordinate/schedule training and assist with other training administration and management processes.
· Manage and assist hands-on with curriculum development projects.
· Four or more years of experience in a training role managing programs or similar experience.
· An undergraduate degree in a technical or training related field including technology, communication, education or similar field.
· Experience providing training reports and analysis.
· Experience with Tableau or other Business Intelligence tools.
· Experience implementing and managing training programs.
· Experience with technical customer service organizations
· Familiarity with Learning Management Systems.
· Experience developing e-learning programs and online content (including experience with tools like Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, or similar software) a bonus.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Ideal candidate profile
The ideal candidate will be passionate about driving the growth and success of AWS Support employees (Cloud Support Engineers, Cloud Support Associates, Technical Customer Service Associates, Enterprise Account Engineers) in order to support customers with cloud computing. They will have experience in managing training projects and programs, providing reporting and analytics, and coordinating/managing training. They will have the following attributes:
· 4+ years of experience in a training program management role or similar along with an undergraduate degree (in communication, education, technical or related field).
· 5+ years of experience in a training program management role or similar without a degree.
· 4+ years experience creating and editing ancillary resources and communication for the purpose of knowledge transfer and skill development; this includes collaborating with subject matter experts and managers to help write and develop technical content.
· 4+ years experience working with training software such as learning management systems (LMS’s), basic learning technologies (e.g., webinar tools), and MS Office.
· Understanding of adult learning principles and sound instructional design practices in order to help connect reporting and analytics to recommendations on team processes.