Amazon was recently rated the #1 most reputable company in the US, #1 for innovation, and is frequently ranked at the top in Customer Service. Amazon's technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into the Cloud. As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies and the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
AWS Support provides global technical support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services such as Amazon S3 and Amazon EC2. The team is a self-standing P&L with our ability to drive both Amazon Free Cash Flow and world class customer experience. We have a team of talented engineers located in multiple locations around the world, and are growing rapidly.
Amazon Web Services has an opening for a Site Training Program Manager (PM) located in Japan, who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has a strong training and development background. As a Training PM at the Tokyo site, you will be responsible for implementing and administering high quality training programs for technical and non-technical learning programs for AWS Support. This role focuses on training coordination, running programs, and assisting with curriculum development but does not typically involve delivery of training. You will play a significant role in the training and development of a successful and effective global support team.
The primary responsibilities for a Site Training Program Manager include:
· Collaborate effectively with AWS Service teams, subject matter experts (SMEs) and others on the AWS Support team to support department training programs and initiatives
· Implement, coordinate and schedule training
· Apply adult learning principles to help design and develop training that best fits the needs of the audience and content (online, classroom, or blended learning methods).
· Assist with designing and developing exercises, tutorials, job aids, and assessments.
· Manage New Hire Onboarding (i.e. LMS registration, logistics, granting system permissions, etc.)
· Monitor all assessment, survey, and operational data and perform ongoing needs analysis
· Support and drive use of our internal Knowledge Base (i.e., access control, engage SMEs
· Coordinate and schedule our Customer Connection program
Ideal candidate profile
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the growth and success of AWS Support employees (Cloud Support Engineers, Cloud Support Associates, and Technical Account Managers) and learning about cloud computing. Candidates will have experience in coordinating and managing the administration of training programs, as well as helping to design and develop training content. They will also have the following attributes:
· Exceptional English and Japanese written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
· 5 years or more experience administering and managing new hire training programs, continuing education programs, or similar training and development projects/initiatives.
· Demonstrated experience developing job aids, online tutorials and/or other training materials.
· 5 years or more experience with learning management systems (LMS's), basic learning technologies (e.g., webinar tools), and MS Office.
· Excellent communication skills and editing for the purpose of knowledge transfer and skill development; this includes skill in collaborating with subject matter experts and managers to help write and develop technical content.
· Excellent coordination, project management, and organization skills.
· Extremely high attention-to-detail.