Amazon Web Services has an opening for a Training Manager on our AWS Support Learning and Knowledge Team who will lead the strategy, development and operations of continuing education and accreditation programs for our technical support teams within AWS Support. In this role, you will oversee a team of global training program managers responsible for the development, implementation and impact assessment of our Subject Matter Expert accreditation program, Partner Training, Continuing Education, and third-party learning programs for our global, technical audience of Cloud Support Engineers and Cloud Support Associates. We need an individual who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with the capacity and experience to lead a global team in defining the learning strategy for a technical audience and then follow through to deliver impactful business results through the design, development and evaluation of our learning programs. You will partner with our globally dispersed site training team members who plan and oversee implementation and delivery of the training at each site. You will play a vital, strategic role in ensuring that the AWS Support team has the learning programs and content needed to enable the world’s best technical cloud support.
The primary responsibilities include:
· Define and develop the learning program strategies and processes to develop the expertise
· Lead your team to analyze business needs, prioritize program roadmaps, then design and develop the programs and associated curriculum and training materials to meet those needs.
· Lead your team to measure, evaluate and report on the effectiveness and business impact of your learning programs..
· Drive innovation and break through improvements in your team’s processes and practices.
· Identify the tools and learning technology choices that will provide ways to cost effectively scale your programs and improve learning effectiveness and speed to proficiency for AWS Support employees.
· Partner effectively with the broader AWS Support team as well as the Site Training Program Managers across our global footprint to drive program consistency and effective use of your team’s content.
· Partner with other Amazon and AWS training teams to leverage existing content and programs.
· Create and manage the communication strategy for promoting and highlighting your strategy, priorities, and the status of your teams roadmaps.
· Lead your team to manage multiple projects and programs concurrently.
· Hire, develop and support the training and professional growth of your own team members.
· 7 or more years of experience leading global or international training teams (or similar experience) to design and develop world class training and learning programs
· An undergraduate degree in either a management, technical, communication, education or related field; Master’s degree highly preferred
· Experience designing and developing training for IT/technical teams and technical support or related positions.
· Extensive experience with LMS’s, SCORM and XAPI, and familiarity with online learning technology and virtual delivery technology ideal.
· Experience using and managing e-learning design and development using one or more tools like Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, Go Animate, video/audio production or similar.
· Experience analyzing and presenting detailed metrics using tools like Excel, Tableau, Sharepoint, LMS or data warehouses.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with AWS Support leaders and team members in a global environment.
· Excellent organizational skills and program and project management skills.
Ideal candidate profile
Candidates will have proven experience in managing curriculum development teams and technical training programs for internal employees in a corporate environment. Candidates will have experienced designing for a blended learning environment including: e-learning design and development; virtual training and distance learning (e.g., webinars); classroom/instructor-led-training; and on-the-job training and mentoring. They will have the following attributes and qualifications:
· 6+ years leadership experience managing training teams (with direct reports) to design and develop highly technical training programs and curriculum materials for geographically dispersed international technical support organizations.
· 6+ years of experience managing curriculum development or accreditation programs
· Experience applying adult learning principles, agile methods, learning technology and program management skills together in the design, development and maintenance of learning solutions.
· Experience developing blended learning models to match the appropriate methods with the subject matter. Includes experience designing and developing stand alone, self-directed e-learning modules.
· Experience working with industry standard Learning Management Systems (LMS) and reporting and measuring training results and learning effectiveness.
· 6+ years of program and project management experience including managing multiple concurrent projects and managing process improvement efforts.
· Experience managing the design and development of assessments and certification or accreditation programs ideal.
· Experience managing the review and quality assurance processes for training content and materials.
· Experience integrating the use of knowledge bases and online reference for learning and performance support
· Ability to travel internationally to visit AWS Support sites (approximately 10 – 20% travel)