Are you an IT Leader that has experience building apps using the public Cloud? Can you work equally well with executives and technologists, leading high-visibility, high-growth application teams that are technically broad and deep? Do you have experience working with Silicon Valley top tier cloud native companies?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring Technology Evangelist to work with Strategic cloud native builders in Silicon Valley. The Technology evangelist engages with customers to understand their business drivers, assess application portfolios, design architectures to innovate and deploy applications in public cloud.
The Technology Evangelist works with a limited number of high-value Strategic customers and typically leads technology strategy across a broader team of cross functional resources within an enterprise account. The role partners with the account manager, owning the technical aspects of an account, and the corresponding executive relationships (e.g. CTO, CSO, CIO, Architects, etc.). In addition, the Technology evangelist should have the ability to take on mentoring new professional services members on the team or other groups based their area of depth and expertise.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
· Engaging with C-level executives to define and execute on Enterprise cloud strategies.
. Supporting cloud native application customers in the Silicon Valley.
· Defining and executing on the technology strategy by engaging highly technical teams (Technical Account Managers, AWS professional services consultants and consulting/managed services partners).
· Identifying motivators for cloud adoption and unlocking Enterprise challenges.
· Analyzing application portfolios, identifying dependencies & common infrastructure platform components, and assessing migration feasibility.
· Leading customer solutions on AWS for migrating and innovating using cloud best practices.
· Assist in defining migration roadmaps to AWS and driving buy-in across complex organization structures.
· Establishing shared IT service centers for Cloud operations.
· Soliciting feedback from Enterprise customers and influencing future iterations of the AWS platform.
This role is a senior role in the Professional Services organization at AWS. This role provides a unique opportunity to lead transformational change on large enterprise customers based in Silicon Valley in their journey in the cloud. This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services as needed.
Ideal candidate profile
· 15+ years of IT consulting experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles.
· 5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications.
. Silicon Valley based company cloud native application building experience
· Breadth of experience across the Enterprise IT in multiple of the following areas: Software design or development; Infrastructure architecture; Content distribution; Database architecture; IP Networking; IT Security; Data Center Operations; Enterprise Applications; Analytics
· Breadth of expertise in private and public Cloud Computing (i.e. AWS platform), technologies and architectural best practices.
· Expert level technical acumen, including the ability to understand the customer or partner IT landscape, identify opportunities and overcome any technical obstacles, ultimately influencing the adoption of AWS services in conjunction with business requirements.
· Expert level ability to understand the business domain of the customer or partner and the business problems the customer or partner is facing, with the intent to solve the business problems.
· Expert level ability to interact with senior leadership (e.g. CxO's) within a customer or partner organization.