This opportunity is as a Technical Program Manager, Director (TPM) within Audible’s Data and Corporate Systems Program. The Data and Corporate Systems Program is responsible for a wide breadth of systems and functionality for the whole of Audible. Examples range from our backend Metrics and reporting systems to our customer facing Personalization and CRM systems. We are also responsible to support our internal customers on systems such as Workday and Salesforce. Our teams design and build architectures for products and features that deliver Audible content to users on all of our surfaces including iOS, Android, Web, Alexa devices like Echo and more. Our technology allows us to unlock the power of our data to streamline workflows, gather insights from instrumentation, and improve our customer experiences with advanced recommendations and data science modeling. We need your help to manage and drive these complex systems in order to ensure we are scaling our systems to keep up with the demands of our customers
· Work closely with stakeholders and product managers to ensure that requirements are translated to the technology requirements that subsequently drive the execution (plan, coordinate, manage) of software development from design through successful deployment.
· Work with cross functional teams – technology, business, marketing and operations to manage multiple projects that have conflicting needs / priorities, using an Agile development framework, from concept to launch.
· Communicate project risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams – consistently and transparently.
· Strive constantly to improve and establish a new bar in performance (using objective metrics) in project execution.
· Own and manage a multiple functional areas, working with product partners on roadmaps and longer term strategies
· Prior experience with Adobe Analytics, Tableau or MicroStrategy
· Experience with Data Analytics and Data Warehouses
· Prior experience in building service oriented (SOA) distributed systems.
· Prior experience in building web based systems using Java/J2EE, Apache Tomcat.
· Experience building mobile device software and/or applications.
· Adept at usage of various tools such as Jira, Microsoft Project
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· At least 10 years of experience within software
· 3+ years of experience managing agile software projects.
· Ability to navigate an ambiguous environment
· Able to diplomatically disagree and align when dealing with different stakeholders.
· Results oriented and with a customer focus.