Amazon Game Studios is looking for an exceptionally skilled and enthusiastic Tech Artist who is passionate about quality. In this role you will lead the charge on art performance/optimization, shader creation, VFX, lighting and much more for new and upcoming game titles.
At Amazon Game Studios, we see gaming becoming the largest entertainment form on Earth. We are seeking the industry’s best talent to help us create, publish and support games being developed in our San Diego studio. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Amazon’s tools and technology, including Twitch, AWS, and more, to shape the future of games.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record contributing to high quality PC, Console or Mobile game titles. You have deep technical knowledge of game engines such as UE4, Unity, and/or Lumberyard, with expertise in designing and implementing art pipelines. You have experience and skill with software packages such as 3D Max or Maya and have a knack for art scripting and tools. You possess strong communication skills and production sensibilities. You thrive in a fast paced environment and aim to create great games that will be loved for years to come.
Day to day you'll work with our team to create and implement amazing visuals, prototype new and exciting features, be an advocate for the customer, and wear multiple hats.
· Plan production workflows for the Art Team
· Examine and optimize various types of art content
· Work closely with multiple disciplines and stakeholders to ensure art and gameplay work together to provide players with the best possible experience
· Provide general technical support for the Art Team
· Provide professional quality shaders using node based editors
· Be the champion for VFX and lighting best practices and techniques
· Be a jack of all trades when necessary to generate the largest impact during various phases of development
· Experience with 3Ds Max, Maya, Photoshop, After Effects, etc
· Strong scripting skills with Max Scripting, Mel Scripting, HLSL, Python, C#, etc…
· Experience with real-time lighting and VFX authoring
· Experience with multiplayer games
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· 2+ years experience with Unreal 4, Unity, or Lumberyard
· 1+ Shipped and/or operated a live mobile game
· 1+ Shipped and/or operated a PC or Console game
· 3+ Years as a Technical Artist