Amazon is seeking a Tax Compliance Analyst to join the Withholding Tax Compliance Management team.
The Withholding Tax team is comprised of tax professionals, product managers, software engineers, and UX designers, and is responsible for ensuring tax compliance for global Amazon businesses.
To ensure tax compliance, we develop platforms and processes which are adaptable and scalable to meet Amazon's growth.
The Tax Compliance Analyst is a key role within the Tax team and has the following primary focus areas:
· Tax Compliance: Ensure global withholding tax processes are compliant with existing tax laws and adapt quickly to operationalize new laws as they arise.
· Business Expansions: Represent Withholding Tax team as the single point of contact for Amazon businesses. Partner with internal and external parties to create project-specific requirements and ensure standardized solutions are developed, tested, and operationalized based on the requirements.
· Customer Experience: Determine effective solutions to satisfy customer needs. Collaborate on new products or enhancements to current products to delight our customers.
The ideal candidate will be a strong leader and communicator who is adept at driving change within a very dynamic business environment.
The candidate will learn quickly and build a solid understanding of Amazon's businesses, systems, and processes; leveraging their understanding of the end to end withholding tax process, they will identify and implement process improvement and automation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Evaluating tax law changes and business initiatives to provide requirements to build new solutions or make changes to existing withholding tax processes and systems.
· Driving and managing tax projects throughout their life-cycle.
· Communicating with internal and external customers about Amazon policies related to tax information collection.
· Tax information reporting, including reconciliation, research and analysis of exceptions related to payee tax information.
Base pay for this position starts from EUR 2200 gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA. Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Taxation, or Tax Law.
· 4+ years of accounting/tax experience including compliance, reporting, and/or technology.
· Ability to effectively prioritize competing demands and manage multiple projects to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong computer skills utilizing MS Office.