2ND Shift - 4PM - 12AM
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics is seeking a talented and self-motivated Technical Support Engineer to work with the Advanced Robotics team to improve overall system efficiencies through the use of advanced technologies. The ideal candidate is excited to learn new things and willing to work through the details to get things done.
We are seeking exceptional candidates for our Boston location, who possess a blend of technical and customer-facing skills to successfully support the Amazon Mobile-Robotic Fulfillment Systems solution. This job will require a unique combination of flexibility, troubleshooting, creativity, leadership skills and drive. As part of this highly visible team candidates have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with multiple international teams within Amazon to contribute to the continuous innovation of the Mobile-Robotic Fulfillment System.
In this role, you will apply technical and functional subject matter expertise to resolve complex and critical issues, develop Support processes and tools and drive new product supportability. Successful candidates will possess strong problem solving, customer obsession, strong ownership, process design, leadership, technical learning capabilities, ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision. This role requires a strong passion for cutting edge technology and a desire to drive long-term improvements through collaboration with Engineering and Operations teams.
• Knowledge and/or working experience with networking and Product IT
• Familiarity with AWS or other cloud technologies
• Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following additional areas: Coding Languages (Java, C++), Networking Technologies (TCP/IP, DNS)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Ideal candidate profile
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field and 5+ years’ experience delivering direct customer support or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field and and 3+ years’ experience delivering direct customer support
• Strong Technical problem-solving and analytical skills
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple high-priority tasks simultaneously
• Proven ability to lead complex technical discussions with a variety of groups, including Software and Systems Engineering, Operations, and Senior Management
• Knowledge and/or working experience with Relational Database Management Systems (MySQL, Oracle)
• Knowledge and/or working experience with Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu)
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues, drive improvements, and preventive measures
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.