The Strategic Recruiting Team focuses on building, cultivating and retaining niche talent groups that are of strategic importance to Amazon. The successful candidate will join this small, central team of experienced recruiters to augment and innovate on current research, engagement and recruiting in these practice areas. This position will focus on senior hiring in applied research at Amazon, specifically for machine learning, data science and speech technology at the principal level and up.
Recruiters on this team work to elevate Amazon's brand in existing and new domains in applied research by cultivating relationships with industry leaders, candidates, and community influencers in person at conferences as well as by phone and email throughout the year. We interview candidates and seek to understand and find alignment between their capabilities and our stakeholders’ business problems across the entire company. We also distill, synthesize, and share market knowledge to advise and guide our Amazon stakeholders.
By hiring for its most critical talent spaces, the successful candidate will have tremendous impact on the future of Amazon as well as the opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of the company.
· 5+ years of experience building, coaching and managing a team, or program - in a high volume tech environment
· Superb verbal and written communication skills including comfort on the phone
· Credibility with renowned, world-class internal and external subject matter experts in industry and academia
· Intellectual curiosity
· Ability to understand and convey complexity in a polished and professional manner and to capture the attention of busy, senior executives
· Tenacity, tact, self-assurance, grit, ability to think on one's feet and to know when to apply more pressure and when to give in
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Ideal candidate profile
· 5+ years of Recruiting, HR or related corporate experience
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent post-secondary degree is required