“Alexa, let’s define the future of voice!”
At Amazon we put our customer’s first in everything we do. Within Alexa Voice Services, we partner with 3P Device Makers looking to incorporate Alexa into their products, which include hearables, wearables, PCs, TVs, smart displays, and more.
We are looking for a Senior UX Researcher to define and execute on a comprehensive user research roadmap involving multiple types of concurrent user research for a range of voice-enabled products.
Research activities will span from generative work (field work, development of customer models, archetype building) to evaluative work (usability studies, user testing, concept evaluation) and will utilize qualitative and quantitative methods. Research topics will vary in scope. For example, you may study the underlying motivations and behaviors that drive customers throughout their lifecycle, or you may define unmet needs that inform hero use cases for voice-forward products, or you may help identify what features and capabilities matter most to customers.
In this role, you will:
· Create and execute against long-term research roadmaps that align to and inform high-level business strategy and user experience goals.
· Define and execute and invent research methods appropriate to the questions at hand, including but not limited to field research, surveys, lab studies, remote testing, and A-B tests.
· Assure the right research questions are being asked; educate the organization on opportunities revealed by your own research.
· Synthesize a wide range of primary and secondary data types to perform quick and thorough analyses leading to focused, insightful, and actionable findings.
· Translate insights into measurable customer experience outcomes aligned to business goals.
· Guide internal teams and partners to take action aligned with research findings – inspire them and help them internalize opportunities to delight customers.
· Provide mentorship to UX designers to scale the practice of research within our team.
· Provide thought leadership to product teams, the broader AVS organization, and our partners.
· Build up repeatable research practices and resources that are leveraged within the UX Design Team, and by other teams across AVS.
This position requires the ability to work with minimal direction and network proactively. You must be comfortable working on multiple segments in parallel, which is why strong organizational skills with the capability to multi-task are critical. Amazon is a fast-paced and exciting environment. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and will be able to thrive in a resource constrained environment.
Learn more about our services and team here:
· Experience incorporating research in the software, design, and product development lifecycle.
· Demonstrated effectiveness ensuring insights are broadly understood by the organization and result in improved customer outcomes
· Broad experience with the full range of research methods: qualitative and quantitative, attitudinal and behavioral, with deep expertise in one or more areas
· Ability to mentor and guide others to successful outcomes
· Strategic, business-building approach to UX research with a passion for translating data into bottom-line impact
· Experience researching and developing experiences for global markets
· Passion for understanding the latest learnings and innovations in behavioral science, research methods, and UX design and applying these to your work
· 8+ years of hands-on experience conducting UX and market research in an applied setting
· Experience building and managing research teams and mentoring others
· MA/MS in psychology, sociology, anthropology, human computer interaction or related discipline
· Ph.D. degree in applied behavioral science, human-computer interaction (HCI), psychology, or related discipline
· Strong command of quantitative data analysis and inferential statistics
Ideal candidate profile
· Experience designing and running original experimental research on digital products and services
· Ability to independently drive multiple concurrent projects in an agile environment
· BA/BS in psychology, sociology, anthropology, human computer interaction or related discipline
· A portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g.: study plans, reports, and data visualizations)