Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers consume and
interact with video content. Amazon believes so deeply in the mission of
streaming Video that we've launched our own studio to create original and exclusive content and engaged with the top professional sports leagues around the world like the NFL and the Premier League to deliver compelling live content to Prime members.
Come be a founding member of the team within Prime Video that is
building new hardware and software technology from the ground up to
deliver premium live and on-demand content at the biggest scales using
both traditional delivery technologies, and groundbreaking new UDP-based technology being developed in-house. We own the foundational platform and infrastructure for delivering live events such as NFL football, Premier League and other major sporting events world-wide.
As a Principal TPM on our team, you will:
Be responsible for end-to-end ownership of strategic, crossorganizational
programs spanning Prime Video, Amazon Lab126 /
Connectivity Solutions Group, and AWS Networking.
Partner closely with Amazon CloudFront, as well as Content Delivery
Networks and ISPs across the globe.
Drive project schedules from design to release, and manage launch of a
brand new Video Delivery product.
Make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize for quality and time to market, all while clearly communicating goals, roles, responsibilities and desired
outcomes to internal and external stakeholders.
The right candidate will:
- Possess a strong project management background, with demonstrated
experience leading large initiatives.
- Have experience with, or willingness to learn about enterprise-scale
networking, content delivery networks, and hardware integration.
- Thrive in a highly ambiguous environment, and be able to drive focus and prioritization with technical and business stakeholders.
- Have a deep technical background, demonstrating mastery of computer
science fundamentals, and be willing to effectively challenge designs and engineering decisions.
- Be able to communicate effectively with a diverse set of audiences both
verbally and in writing.
· Experience with projects involving content delivery networks and enterprise-scale networking.
· Experience managing projects with both hardware and software components.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
- 10+ years of relevant technical program and project management experience
- 7+ years of technical program management experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building
sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related
technical discipline preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts,
manage tradeoffs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and
- Strong technical, analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive