How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge business problem through innovative technology? If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
For millions of customers worldwide, the Amazon name is synonymous with delivery – and the Delivery Experience (DEX) team provides those customers with innovative ways to get what they want and need, enabling the choices they make on every order, every day. We combine customer impact with retail invention, solving huge technical challenges along the way.
The ideal candidate is excited by technology, passionate about learning and should view every customer interaction as an opportunity to create an exceptional customer experience. Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, excited to work in a “green field”, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that is more startup than big company.
DEX is seeking a Senior TPM to lead Amazon's highest-impact, largest-scale delivery programs. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch.
You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Responsibilities include working with product management to define strategy and requirements, identifying and securing commitment from teams across the company for new initiatives, driving consensus on the technical approach, setting timelines, and leading cross-functional development teams from design through delivery.
You'll need to be a strong project manager with technical and business acumen as well as an excellent communicator -- whether working with developers or providing updates to business leadership.
· Ability to analyze business requirements, write specifications, scope technical requirements, manage multiple software development efforts, drive rigorous testing, and coordinate product launch.
· Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organization teams to negotiate and assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and resolve blocking issues.
· Demonstrated passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, and robust technical solutions
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Experience building solutions in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
· Experience analyzing user experience design and developing high profile customer facing products with intricate customer experience workflows.
· Experience with agile/iterative development and program management methodologies
· Exceptional stakeholder management and executive presentation skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in an Internet-related program or applications environment (or equivalent)
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field (or equivalent