The Amazon Operations Technology (Ops Tech) System Engineering team is building a new end to end telemetry system that will collect and aggregate metrics from hundreds of thousands of devices such as scanners and thin clients. The devices are used in Amazon Fulfillment Centers, Middle and Last Mile facilities such as the smallest last-mile delivery stations in emerging markets to one million plus square foot robotic facilities in North America, Japan, and Europe. These devices are relied upon by hundreds of thousands of associates at thousands of locations and are critical to the delivery of shipments to Amazon retail customers.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Technical Program Manager who is excited to lead large cross-organizational projects and initiatives. In this role, you will work hands-on with engineering, leadership and Product Management teams to deliver results while fostering input and participation from all levels of the organization.
You should be excited about learning every day and delighting customers by solving problems that impact order fulfillment. You are a natural leader who is comfortable analyzing a wealth of data, interfacing with end-users and driving large, complex technical solutions to customer problems.
Our mission is to design systems and platforms that set the global standard for performance, availability, security, and cost, enabling Fulfillment and Logistic operations to deliver customer orders on time, every time.
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· (Preferred) Experience designing scalable solutions in AWS
· Experience with AWS IoT is a plus
· Experience designing native mobile applications for iOS, Android, etc is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
· 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
· 3+ years of coding experience in Java, C++, C#, etc.
· Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
· A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
· Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project