Amazon is looking for an experienced business leader to help grow its strategic advertising business in India. The candidate will develop new business initiatives and will own and drive adoption across potential advertisers. This is a high visibility initiative and gives selected candidate an opportunity to "build" new business from grounds up.
The candidate will have the opportunity to define and execute the go-to-market strategy for Amazon's fast-growing advertising business, by identifying the advertiser segments to target, establishing critical internal and partner relationships, and driving adoption of Amazon India’s advertising products. He/she will work closely with senior Amazon leadership teams as well as global product organizations to offer the right advertising products to the right advertiser audiences, optimized for the India market. He/she will have a good understanding of the India digital advertising and e-commerce landscape, and be able to drive mutually-beneficial customer and partner relationships to scale the business long-term.
The ideal candidate will have business background with revenue responsibility, proven track record of winning strategic customers/signing strategic partnerships, possesses strong communications skills, and have the ability to think strategically and analytically about the business, product, and market opportunities and challenges. He/she should have the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. He/she will have a keen sense of ownership, drive, and desire to win!
The Amazon India Advertising business is a strategic start-up with support and interest from business units across the company as well as Amazon’s top management. We are a motivated, collaborative and fun-loving team building a high growth business. We are entrepreneurial and have a bias for action and a broad mandate to experiment and innovate. This role offers an opportunity to make a significant impact on the future vision for Amazon.
This position is based at the Amazon India headquarters in Bangalore, with travel as required.
- Serve as a key member of the India Advertising business team, helping to drive overall Amazon Advertising strategy and business growth.
- Establish and build strong, profitable, long-term relationships with strategic advertisers.
- Contribute to the overall growth and profit of Amazon India’s business by expanding our partner ecosystem.
- Identify, rationalize, and define target market segments and channel strategy for Amazon India’s emerging Advertising business. For each segment and channel, define the business model, product offering, engagement process, and support/operations model to drive advertiser adoption and business revenue growth.
- Build scale into the business development function by collaborating with internal stakeholders
- Act as the advertisers advocate to evangelize for their success working with Amazon India, by partnering with product, account management, support, and global technology teams to drive advertiser success on Amazon’s advertising platform.
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case. Build and execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders to drive mutually beneficial programs.
Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to increasing adoption customers.
(1) Masters degree in business, marketing, computer science or relevant field of study.
(2) Consulting background (McKinsey, BCG and Bain)
Ideal candidate profile
· 10+ years of experience - across one or more of product, technology, sales, marketing, and operations.
. Demonstrated track record of building new businesses
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically. Adept at making data-driven decisions.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.