Amazon is looking for a smart, driven, problem solver to develop forward-thinking learning content designed to equip our HR teams globally with the process and systems knowledge to support our growing business. This includes elearning development, performance support and just-in-time content, instructor-led course materials, and knowledge management solutions. The Instructional Designer will continuously improve these learning programs using an array of creative approaches which drive productivity, innovation, and operational excellence. The role requires an individual who can innovate, move quickly, and not be constrained by how things have been done before. Specific responsibilities will include:
· Use an array of different media to produce materials that promote learning through self-study, practice, performance support, and socialization and knowledge-sharing.
· Continually evaluate solutions for quality, business impact, and scalability, leverage technology to extend access and provide just in time learning.
· Pursue a deep understanding of HR business goals and learner roles to ensure that learning solutions meet the needs of stakeholders and end users.
· Maintain knowledge of new learning approaches, technology and tools through continuous research to ensure our solutions deliver innovation.
· Participate in a community of HR administration subject matter experts across the organization to share best practices and identify emerging learning needs.
· Develop assessment instruments to measure learner acceptance, comprehension, and application of processes and systems knowledge.
· Strong knowledge of learning principles and methodologies with a track record of practical application in formal and informal contexts.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate difficult concepts and processes using clear and simple language and visuals.
· Successful record of building effective learning experiences leveraging a variety of media, such as video and audio clips, online interactivity, simulations, and illustrations and diagrams.
· Consistent delivery on commitments - great organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
· Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced work environment.
· Innovative and proactive problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise integrity and sound judgment in complex and ambiguous situations.
· History of sparking improvements in learning strategy and content through collaboration and prototyping.
Ideal candidate profile
· 3+ years experience in program or project management
· Bachelor's Degree
· Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
· 3+ years experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams