Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced software engineers to support our rapidly growing and evolving businesses. AWS is at the forefront of providing a broad set of global cloud-based services including compute, storage, databases, networking, analytics, deep machine learning, robotics, and enterprise applications, to help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale.
As a Software Development Engineer on the Global Trade and Product Compliance (GTPC) team in AWS, you will work closely with software engineers and technical program managers and take ownership over the software design, documentation, development, engineering approach, delivery and support of software for GTPC. This is a unique opportunity to both create and see the direct impact of your work on the world’s most advanced cloud-provider, and at a massive scale.
A successful Software Development Engineer will have a broad array of experiences, exceptional design skills, an excellent ability to solve problems, good communication skills and a desire to be a key technical contributor. The software you will be responsible for will require a breadth of technical development knowledge (i.e. distributed systems, search indices, big data, orchestration software, analytics, and reporting software, etc.). Daily work will involve interacting with engineers, stakeholders and managers. Prior experience in building stable and scalable solutions is required. Successful candidates will thrive in fast-paced environments that leverage agile planning techniques, encourage and reward creative design, intelligent risk taking, and find innovative ways to leverage cutting edge technology.
· Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· Ability to take a project from design through to launch and operation of the system in production.
· Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing.
· Experience developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
· Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers or software developers in all aspects of their engineering duties
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline from an accredited institution
· 4+ years of industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
· 4+ years of hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end software systems and all points in between
· 4+ years of experience with professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
· 4+ years of experience with relational and NoSQL databases.