At Amazon, we believe that games and connected experiences are the future of entertainment. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future's most influential voices in media and art, come join us!
We are looking for Quest Designers to join our New World team at Amazon Game Studios, Orange County. New World is an open world MMO set in an alternate version of the 17th Century. As a Quest Designer you'll be responsible for creating, implementing, and curating narrative and dynamic objective content. You will work collaboratively with world builders, character designers, and level designers to make memorable experiences. It will be a combination of your experience and an understanding of MMO and RPG quest design that will define success. We are looking for individuals that are highly motivated and passionate for games.
In this role you will…
· Pitch and prototype fun and exciting quests and activities for players
· Create and maintain design, dialogue, and lore documentation
· Create NPC characters and implement them in game
· Own the full quest loop from design through final implementation
· Work within pipelines and process to ensure quality and scope are met and maintained
· Collaborate with level design, UX, and narrative design teams
· Maintain a strong creative relationship between production, design, programming and art & UX teams
Ideal candidate profile
· 5+ years of Game/Quest Design experience
· Previous work experience with 3D world and level building tools (Lumberyard, Unreal, Unity, etc…)
· 1+ PC MMO or RPG title(s) shipped
· Portfolio - Work samples from finished games or block outs showcasing narrative design, quest flow, and gameplay