We're working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity. Come work on the Amazon Prime Air team!
We're looking for a dynamic Quality Supervisor who combines technical skills with a passion for ensuring parts, assemblies and aircraft meet quality and design specifications. We're looking for people who innovate and love solving hard problems. You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
An experienced Quality Supervisor is needed to lead a team of Quality professionals. This individual will be responsible for developing, overseeing and directing quality inspection, tool calibration, quality metrics, audits, and quality improvement projects, among other responsibilities.
A successful candidate will have a strong track record of supporting Quality operations and/or developmental programs for high complexity products in the aerospace, aviation maintenance or automotive industries. The right candidate will also be a strong leader who prioritizes well and communicates effectively.
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon's ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
Ideal candidate profile
· 4 year Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Technology, or equivalent technical certifications/industry experience
· 5+ years Direct Management of Quality Inspection and/or Manufacturing personnel, while working in an Aerospace or Automotive manufacturing environment producing multi-disciplinary hardware products
· 5+ years of presenting defect data, metrics, supplier quality, improvement initiatives and status to top leadership and government officials
· 7+ years experience with manufacturing inspection/assembly processes of aviation, automotive, electronics, wiring harnesses, machined parts, coatings and/or composite products
· 7+ years experience using data to find root cause, develop solutions and implement corrective action plans
· 3+ years Quality experience in an R&D environment