Amazon — a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. We want associates, who will help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from web site, to e-commerce partner, to development platform, is driven by the spirit of invention that's part of our DNA. We do this daily by solving complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We're making history, and the good news is that we've only just begun. Every day is day one at Amazon!
Amazon's DCCS powers e-commerce transactions for Amazon's digital businesses. It enables the ingestion, ordering and fulfillment of various digital content across geographies. The Digital CaDET-QA team is looking for talented, detail-oriented SDET to work on services and features powering the Digital experience. Our systems are engineered to meet remarkably high standards of quality, performance and reliability, operating around the clock on a massive scale.
As a QA champion on the engineering team, you will get the opportunity to own major deliverables at all phases of the development cycle: scoping, design, coding and testing using an agile process. You'll build frameworks that allow the team to write reliable, targeted, and extensible tests to support a fast-growing feature set in our Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). You'll have an opportunity to work with other teams throughout Amazon to flush out cross-team requirements and designs. You'll also put your experience, expertise, and creativity to work in determining/recommending the best designs based on business objective, timeline, and resource constraints.
To be successful in this position you will have a strong background in algorithms, data structures, Java, and databases both SQL and NoSQL. The ability to communicate clearly and concisely (both written and orally) and work well in a team are key competencies. You should be able to quickly adapt to new development environments, learn new systems, create reliable and maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems. Experience working with high-traffic, scalable services is a plus.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 2+ years professional experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
· Experience developing automation in at least one of OO languages - Java, C#/C++, Python or web based technologies
· Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
· Experience building and designing test cases
· Familiarity with various software technologies, methodologies and applied software engineering practices/standards such as Object Oriented Design (OOD), Tomcat, Struts, REST, and Spring
· Automation experience (test, integration, build/release) in a distributed environment
· Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architecture
· Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics