The India Consumer Business (ICB) Technology team builds products and services that solve unique customer needs in Amazon's fastest growing marketplace. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon in the Delivery Experience (DEX) space
Quality Assurance Engineers at Amazon test cutting edge applications and products at the user level and code level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QAEs are not pure black box testers, they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with Scripting tools and/or user-level automated tools. QAEs at Amazon are excellent individual contributors capable of taking up tasks from start to completion with minimal help. QAEs would be responsible for understanding the domain and the product in detail and coming up with the test strategy/planning, coming up with the test cases, driving the test case sign-off processes with the stakeholders, contributing to code level Unit tests, test execution and reporting.
You will need to programmatically test the product, measure test coverage, develop the best automation, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas. The test software you will build should expose UI and API defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration. You should command the skill to communicate clearly and effectively. Candidates will need to define test plans, test specifications, test suites, test cases as well as design tools for unit, functional and performance testing in a programmatic manner.
· Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
· Own the delivery of an integral piece of a system or application.
· Ability to analyze and build automation frameworks suitable for projects. Perform API level and integration testing.
· Constructively identify problems and propose solutions, taking on projects that identify and mitigate risk while measuring software quality.
· Gather and report relevant and actionable metrics.
The ideal candidate will be a leader, quick learner and be able to work independently. He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical. The candidate will need to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
· 2+ years of software QA testing experience, understanding of standard QA and development tools, defining test strategy, E2E test cases, identifying right tools for automation and able to define QA process for short release cycles.
· 2+ years of Software QA automation experience working with the following technologies: Java, Java Script, Python, PERL, etc.
· Strong organizational skills, ability to track multiple test executions/regressions simultaneously and synthesize the results.