Prime Video is disrupting traditional media with an ever-increasing selection of movies, TV shows, Emmy Award winning original content, add-on subscriptions including HBO, and live events like Thursday Night Football. Our architecture operates at Amazon-scale and raises the bar for playback reliability, video start time, and image quality. Prime Video runs on thousands of device types in over 200 territories worldwide.
The Prime Video International team serves as the voice of our international customers, advocates on behalf of those customers, and delivers capabilities that allow us to acquire, engage, and retain more of them. Our mission is to ensure every internet-connected customer in the world can enjoy Prime Video. We accomplish this by continuously increasing the number of global customers who can: (1) discover PV via marketing that is tailored to their country and in their local language; (2) sign-up to the service in their local language; (3) pay in their local currency using the payment instrument or 3P subscription vendor of their choice; and (4) browse the service and watch content (via subtitles, dubbing, or OV) in their preferred language.
We're looking for a seasoned Senior Quality Assurance Engineers to drive execution of our international expansion roadmap to acquire and delight our international customers on multiple cross-team strategic initiatives.
This Quality Assurance Engineering role will support up to 4 development teams, helping them raise the quality bar. This includes guiding development teams in designing and building for quality, providing guidance on most suitable testing frameworks on a feature level, building feature test plans, executing them (both manually and via test automation), and creating test harnesses.
Our QA Engineers use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools. Software QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. Software QA Engineers also work with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests. Software QA Engineers are also responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
· Eager to learn and learn fast, enjoy a fast paced environment
· Self-directed, demonstrate leadership potential and a team player
· Driven to provide the best customer experience via technology
· Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
· Experience with scalable distributed systems and service oriented architectures
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work with stake holders and partner teams
Ideal candidate profile
· B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech degree in computer science or related fields, or equivalent experience, is required.
· Deep hands-on technical expertise in QA space.
· 7 - 10 years professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Writing best quality code, following engineering best practices, doing effective code reviews and coaching the team to follow highest standards in developing solutions.
· Strong customer obsession and ownership to independently drive projects and deliver results.