Do you want to share your passion for technology? Are you looking for your next challenge? Join us in building and maintaining the learning systems that are reaching millions of AWS Customers, Partners, and Users as they learn how to maximize tools, services, and offerings in Amazon Web Services (AWS). We are constantly evolving our core systems to enable our customers in their journey to gain technical expertise.
As a QA Engineer-III on the team, you will collaborate with developers, product managers and customer support to identify unambiguous software requirements, understand all features and their implementation details, understand customer usage models and then develop and execute strategies to deliver that software into our customers' hands in an efficient fashion with a high degree of confidence in its quality.
Our preferred candidate possesses a demonstrated ability in driving a team towards higher quality delivery, not just through test execution but through organizational influence; including defining product’s quality SLAs, implementing/improving process and tools, and increasing the visibility of the product quality. Our QAEs develop and drive the team to implement effective test strategies to assess the quality of the system under test, at multiple levels including component, subsystem, system, and at workflow, and in multiple verticals including function, performance, availability, scalability, security, accessibility, and internationalization. Also s/he understands and affects the overall product delivery and operations chain with best quality practices such as pipeline health assessment, OpEx review meeting and so on. As a QAE on the team you will be a key voice in the design, coding, deployment, and post-deployment phases. You'll define and work with dev team implement quality gates for code changes, ensuring our users' experience will be continually maintained or improved, while enhancing development efficiency/effectiveness with clearly delineated quality SLAs and timely presented data on confidence levels on quality.
Our preferred candidate also possesses a high level of coding aptitude. Our QAEs are not pure black box testers; they are able to understand the software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests using a variety of frameworks. You will develop high-quality test automation to drive lower operational costs and faster deployments.
· Experience testing mobile applications
· Basic knowledge of the Linux environment
· Experience in test automation development using modern HTML frameworks like Selenium or JSoup, and test frameworks like JUnit or TestNG.
· Demonstrated experience in leading QA effort on large-scale software projects or deliverables; strong organizational skills.
· Experience with using Agile development methodologies
· Demonstrated experience in measuring and reporting quality-related metrics to identify trends and proactively solve problems
· Experience testing large scale Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) systems
· Experience testing Serverless systems
· Demonstrated experience in test strategy development, test planning, test designing, and test execution.
· Experience testing distributed systems
· Experience using test cases management tools (like TCM or TestRail), issues management tools (like Bugzilla or Redmine) and development environments (like Visual Studio, IntelliJ or Eclipse).
· Experience working closely with development and business teams to present quality/test data, read business data, negotiate on the scope of test coverage/timing/resources, and to actively pull business requirements out of data/partners and distill them to test/risk strategy.
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Experience leading small teams of QAEs
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Ideal candidate profile
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical field.
· 6+ years of proven experience as QAE, SDET, or SDE
· 6+ years experience with driving quality across an organization as a holistic plan and not just test execution
· 6+ years experience with QA methodologies and software testing techniques and tools, especially for web-based software products.