Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Echo Show. The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will have the opportunity to work closely with both hardware and software design teams to come up with test requirements and specifications for automation support. You will help in maintaining automation tools (AWS services, Jenkins, Splunk, Ansible, etc.) and building automation framework (using Python, JS, Selenium, etc.) to execute end to end test cases on Amazon products. This will typically involve setting up test devices with BT, Wifi and LTE technologies, routers, switches, phones etc. and using automation for remote configuration and control of these devices. You will also use tools like Selenium, UI automator, etc. to automate UI interfaces for multiple devices. As an SDET, you will be instrumental in building and managing automation and tools for the QA org.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent with 3+ years of hands-on work experience in Python automation OR Masters degree in Computer Science, with 1 year experience
· Experience in development of Automation for networking devices in Python
· Object oriented programming work experience or course work using Python.
· Experience or coursework involving usage of UI automation tools like Selenium, UI automator etc.
· Hands-on experience working with Linux based embedded devices