Quality Assurance Engineers at Amazon test cutting edge applications and products at the user level and code level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QAEs are not pure black box testers, they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with Scripting tools and/or user-level automated tools. QAEs at Amazon are excellent individual contributors capable of taking up tasks from start to completion with minimal help. QAEs would be responsible for understanding the domain and the product in detail and coming up with the test strategy/planning, coming up with the test cases, driving the test case sign-off processes with the stakeholders, contributing to code level Unit tests, test execution and reporting.
Ideal candidate profile
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
· 5+ years of QA experience
· Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
· Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files
· Experience in Java/Perl/Python based automation and/or user-level
· Knowledge of UNIX environment and Shell scripting is desired.
Experience in handheld devices is desired.