The India Consumer Business (ICB) Technology team builds products and services that solve unique customer needs in Amazon's fastest growing marketplace. Imagine building platforms that enables Amazon to offer lowest price and earth's biggest selection to customers. Would you like to be part of a team that accelerates India first global innovation on customer discounts and affordability initiatives? Are you a highly motivated and customer-centric Software Quality Assurance Engineer with a good understanding of the test methodologies and techniques? If so, come join our cutting edge team as we rapidly expand and revolutionize the Amazon affordability initiatives!
The Amazon Promotions Services Team in Bangalore seeks a Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) to validate and test the systems and services that drive the Amazon affordability initiatives. As the ideal candidate, you have great communication skills, can remove roadblocks, are detail oriented, have a knack for breaking software, and enjoy testing complex, scalable, highly available systems.
QA Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QA Engineers are not pure black box testers; they are more grey box, able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with Java scripts and/or user-level automated tools. QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. QA Engineers should also work with groups such as Product Management, User Interaction, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests and driving the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies.
· Utilize innovative testing technologies to develop product's testing strategy.
· Participation in design and code inspections.
· API level testing.
· Perform manual testing, the scope of which will encompass all functionalities of services as a prequel to automation.
· Analyze test logs; create test reports, co-ordinate with stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be a leader, quick learner and be able to work independently. He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical.
Ideal candidate profile
· Minimum 5 years of QA and Testing experience
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
· Have been a part of a strong team in a fast-paced, start-up like environment
· Excellent technical knowledge of Quality Assurance methodologies, tools, processes and frameworks
· Expertise with full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, test reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Experience designing, implementing and executing test cases and reporting metrics on quality.
· Experience with functional, performance and stress testing for both web applications and back end services