Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on it. We're building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
This Quality Assurance Engineering role will support two development teams, helping them to build quality into everything they build. This includes giving input on development processes, building feature test plans, executing test plans and performing testing (both manually and with automated tools.
QA Engineers test code at the user level and may also test component APIs. Our QA Engineers use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools. Software QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. Software QA Engineers also work with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests. Software QA Engineers are also responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
· Drive product quality processes for two Alexa Information development teams
· Write test plans, perform testing (both manual and automated), and create or modify test harnesses as needed
· Work with those development teams and a centralized team of quality engineering professionals to ensure the highest quality product delivery
· Own periodic testing of Alexa Information features for one class of Echo hardware device
· Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality
· Use your knowledge of software development processes to guide development teams in designing and building for quality
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
· 3+ years of software development and testing experience
· Experience with at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++, or C#
· Computer Science fundamentals experience in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
· Experience building test plans and designing test cases including knowledge of test methodologies